Thanks for checking out the blog for the Chronically Human Podcast, where we have conversations aimed at creating a world with more freedom and less suffering.
Our guest today is Dr. Thomas Kline. He has been practicing medicine for over 40 years, but now retired, he worked at Harvard Med, trained at Stanford and for the last year and a half has been advocating for pain patients who’ve been negatively affected by the War on Opioids.
You can check out our conversation by following this link:
Chroncially Human Podcast Ep 004 Dr. Thomas Kline and the truth about opioids
You can find him more information about Dr. Kline at: https://thomasklinemd.
You can find is awesome articles at:
Follow him on twitter for the real dope on opioids @ThomasKlineMD
Millions of Chronic Pain patients are being left behind and forgotten in the rush to demonize opioid pain medicine, not because everyone can become addicted but because everyone doesn’t know the facts.
If you know anyone of the 6.5 million people with chronic pain who have been forced to taper their pain medicine, been forced onto less effective and more expensive alternatives, or have been refused treatment, please watch and share this video.
Dr. Kline was on six months ago and he breaks down for us what has been going on since then, with pain patients, doctors and the law.
We talk about the religious like hysteria being created surrounding opioids and how the facts don’t support the rampant fear.
He also explains what” Fear of Addiction Phobia” is all about and how it’s the main driver of the wasteful and draconian edicts being pushed by the Medical and Media establishment.
People are suffering unnecessarily because of fear and ignorance. Dr. Kline is doing the Lord’s work getting the facts out to people and pushing back against the insane, barbarous and unacceptable way the Media and Medical Establishment are punishing a population of people, whose only crime is that they are in intractable
- The Fear of Addiction Phobia is driving the hysteria not the facts.
2. Opioid Addiction is a Type II Addiction which is a genetic disease.
3. The more accurate term is Chemical Receptor Disease.
4. Only 4 out of a 1000 people have the brain receptor deformation that leads to opioid addiction.
5. The lies about opioids and addiction are having disastrous results for the 6.5 million people who rely on pain medicine to live
6. Doctors not law enforcement should be practicing medicine
7. Doctors are frighten to lose their livelihood or even their freedom and so many are choosing not to alleviate pain because of the potential liability.
8. The opioid epidemic is really an overdose epidemic in the addiction community – black market adulterated heroin with fentanyl is the main cause
9. People without the genetic malformed brain receptors can not develop opioid addiction no matter how long they are on pain medicine or in what amounts they are prescribed.
10. The FDA is the only legal authority to tell doctors what they are allowed to prescribe and not the CDC. The 90 mg CDC guideline isn’t legally binding. Doctors have the authority to prescribe any FDA medication including pain medicine, in any amount they decide is appropriate.
11. The addiction industry is not regulated and it takes in $35 billion a year
12. People being prescribed chronic pain medicine isn’t the cause of the so-called opioid epidemic.
13. Millions of chronic pain patients are being forced to taper, because of the belief that they are the cause of the overdose deaths, without their consent, forced onto more expensive and less effective medicines, or refused treatment all together.
14. When people in chronic pain don’t have access to opioids (which have been used for 5000 years) they have three choices:
a. Go to the black market, take adulterated heroin, die and be a headline on the evening news
b. Try to exist with the pain, which is so bad you can’t take care of yourself or those you love. That’s not much of an existence. That leaves the third option.
c. Suicide – unfortunately the war on opioids has led to the unnecessary deaths of people in chronic pain who were refused cheap effective medicines that would have kept them alive and functioning but due to the opioid hysteria they were denied treatment and had no other solution. If you want to cry read Dr. Kline’s article about suicide and chronic pain:
The Federal Government is spending $6 billion of your tax dollars on many misguided efforts which won’t help, that includes a $1 billion for an opioid vaccine – which can’t work.
Dr. Kline does offer solutions which include – more education for high school students – 75% of addiction starts in high school. Tell the kids that if they take an opioid and zoom to the moon be aware they most likely have the genetically caused malformed brain chemical receptors and they need to tell someone fast before it spins out of control.
Doctors treating those who’ve never take pain pills have a responsibility to tell the Opioid patient the exact same thing. If you experience an insane euphoria when taking the first pill call the doctor immediately – that is an indication that someone is the 4 in a 1000 with the physical chemical receptor deformation that leads to Type II opioid addiction.
Prohibition doesn’t work. Addiction and chronic pain should be left to the doctors. The War on Drugs has cost $1 trillion dollars since the 70’s. It was ramped up by Nixon to target his political enemies, the black community and the anti-war movement. It has imprisoned millions, killed hundreds of thousands at the border, killer hundreds of thousands with black market adulterated drugs, and cause millions of pain patients to be denied compassionate medical care.
Today the media, the government and the Medical Establishment are peddling complete falsehoods about opioids which are in fact miracle drugs, like all things they do carry some risk. But that risk is nowhere near what the media is telling us and that risk can be managed effectively and intelligently without taking away a life saving medicine from millions.
Without opioids every human on Earth would be at the mercy of physical pain without any hope of reprieve, unfortunately millions of chronic pain patients are experiencing that very hell today.
A huge thank you to Dr. Kline for giving us his time and his continued efforts to correct the lies being told about opioids, pain patients, doctors and addiction.